8.24.2010

Motivation

Have I written about this before? Surely I’ve thought about it. The last few months have passed so incredibly fast. In some respects, I feel like so much has been done and taken care of.


Rewind a bit… June 1 Mark proposed. We went from being a happy living together boyfriend and girlfriend, to being engaged. The most incredible feeling. Somewhat unbelievable at times. I often catch myself looking down at my ring to remind myself that, yes, this is real. Yes, I get to marry my best friend. So incredibly lucky.

With this excitement comes a lot of stress and wedding must do’s (good stress, might I add). Somehow along the way, the migraines have come back. More often than not , I’m so exhausted after the work day that all I long to do when we’re home is to lay on the couch with our little family, dogs included of course, to talk about our day and relax in front of whatever show we’re involved with at the time. (currently it’s last season of Grey’s)

At times it feels necessary to relax and do nothing, at others it feels as if I’m making my situation worse. Maybe it’s time to force myself to feel better. Get out, stay busy, enjoy life while there’s so much to enjoy.

Time for change. I’ve done lots of the big to-dos as far as the wedding goes. But have since put the planning on hold with my poor health. Done. I’m going to set a wedding goal every week and feel great about things as I see myself get it done. I’m going back to school. I’ve been thinking on this for some time. And somewhat out of nowhere two weeks ago, I decided I was doing it (the same way I’ve made all important decisions in my life). One class this semester. Excited, proud, and nervous.

I’m going to get motivated, and stay motivated. Three doctor’s appointments tomorrow. And likely, similar to my dozens of appointments of the past, nothing will be found. So I’m going to keep myself busy, spend time with those I love, attempt to keep up with blogging, dedicate myself to learning, and make attainable goals.

Motivation.

Here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment