4.09.2010

Mark's night in the kitchen

A few weekends ago, the Mark came in town on Thursday and had to entertain himself while I went off to work on Friday (this seems to be a running trend these days, and sucks for me!). Anyways, I suggested that he plan and prepare our dinner for that night since I'd be working all day long. Fortunately, he loved the suggestion. Anything that requires him having to do research, even if it's just in search of a recipe, is a tasking that he'll happily take on. Now boo hasn't cooked for me too many times, but each time he has, it's been some sort of fish. No exceptions this time and no complaints from yours truly!



For our dinner, he picked out Salmon with Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glaze. Along with it he made us long grain and wild rice (myseteriously one of my absolute favorites). What an absolute treat!! I got to sit on the couch with a glass of wine and a magazine as I heard my boy happily putting together a delicious meal for us. Now I'm not saying I'd want him to cook every night, after all, I really love being responsible for preparing our tasty (and hopefully healthy) meals and treats. But this Friday night surprise happened to be just what I needed that day.



Recipe for super tasty (and sweet!) Salmon follows:


Ingredients
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
1/3 cup bourbon whiskey



Directions
Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Place salmon fillets on top of brown sugar mixture. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Turn salmon, and pour bourbon around the fillets. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Spoon glaze over the salmon, and serve.




Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment