4.28.2010

photography is taking over my life

So it started with meeting Mark. We met, fell in love, and knew we wanted to make eachother happy the rest of their lives.

Enter my love for weddings. Everything about them. Dressing up to go. Seeing old friends. Being lucky enough to witness two people pledging their love for one another and making the ultimate commitment. Crying during the ceremony (it's inevitable people). Seeing the beautiful reception details. Dancing, drinking, celebrating. All because two people fell in love. Honestly, I love every second of a wedding day.

Then I got turned on to wedding blogs. Disaster. I use the word disaster, because they have slowly started to consume my day and my thoughts. Any free time is spent checking new updates (oh thank you God for Google Reader). I get lost in these blogs: filled with love and beauty. I become enthralled and hypnotized by the imagery in front of me. These pictures and beutifully written words from the heart lead to day dreams, hopes, and insipration for what will ultimately be the most memorable moment of my life. Can't wait.

So, a favorite that I somehow stumbled upon is the photography of Millie Holloman and company. She and her team of photographers capture the essence of everything I hope to show in engagement pictures and our wedding photography. The emotion literally jumps off of the screen. It's brilliant, it's beautiful, and it's everything I want.

I happened to find this today:
I want to win the Get It Together Kit & a seat to the Love Affair Workshop.  GO read the details and register! http://www.loveaffairworkshop.com/

Millie herself is one of the presenters/founders of the workshop! In Dallas! How wonderful! Now it's quite clear that I'm no expert photgrapher. But I'd certainly love to be. We just upgraded this Christmas (thanks mom & dad) and got a smokin' camera. I have so much to learn...

Finances are tight right now. So no way could I finance the trip on my own. Hopefully I'll get ridiculously lucky and WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment