10.19.2010

fall weekend wrap-up

Fall is officially among us.  It's consistently on the chilly, and with the windows open and fall scented candles lit, the house always feels perfectly comfy wrapped up in a blanket or a sweater.  I haven't gone too out of my way to decorate, but am picking up small items where I can.  Trying my best to pick out some sweet items that will not only satisfy our halloween craving, but will also last us all the way through Thanksgiving.  A few little pieces are doing wonders to make our home feel cozy and festive.



I always have fall candles lit, creating a warm, sweet scent, and I always find myself longing for something warm in the oven.  Recently, I've been making a banana bread loaf a week, so that we have something sweet and tasty to take in to work.  Stocked up on a few other yummy's that I can't wait to make in the weeks to come.


We spent a quiet night at home Friday, slipping into pjs for mexican night.  We whipped up some delicious quesadillas and margaritas and spent the night curled up on the couch with our favorite show. (Our favorite show seems to change depending on what week or time of year you ask us.  Currently it's Two and a Half Men).


Saturday afternoon we decided to head out to Reston Town Center to peek around.  I've heard wonderful things about the area and had been wanting to explore! (The fact that there's an Anthropologie there may or may not have had something to do with finally getting out there....)

Got my hands on a bag I've been swooning over..... I may be a little indulgent at times, but a price tag like this has a way of restraining me.  Hm, I smell my first addition to my Christmas list!!! (and by then, it will certainly have had it's first sale cut)

(hello gorgeous)

Found some things from my wishlist I'd been expecting to like, and didn't. 

(now officially off the list)

Saw some things I had been expecting not to like, and loved.

(someone needs to invite us to a holiday party so I can buy this pretty)


And tried on this Jackie Cardi for the hundredth time from J Crew.  Seriously in love with this shade.  A pumpkin shaded cardigan?! Yes, I'm all over that!  There's also the most beautiful olive colored one I'd love to get my hands on too.  However, the price is still a little steep for me.  Hoping to stumble across one of J Crew's 30% off sales very soon (though finding anything in an extra small during sale times seems to be unheard of...)

(Pumpkin dear, you belong in my closet)


So, ended up coming home with two sale shirts.  One even on super sale as it was damaged.  No fear, my mommy can fix her right up.

Sunday was spent getting Mark ready for Germany.  First business trip on his diplomatic passport. Oh, I'm so proud of my sweets <3

(I'm thinking Gracie was hoping to tag along)

With some time to spare in the afternoon, we headed to the craft store for some wedding purchases.


After such a hard summer, everything this fall just seems so much sweeter <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment